Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Gift

I had a perfectly lovely Mother's Day, thank you, with breakfast in bed and a bbq at a friend's house, and lots of hugs and kisses. Addie sang me this song all week:

Mamita, mamita de mi corazon
Yo te quiero mucho con todo mi amor

(Mommy, mommy of my heart
I love you so much with all of my love)

and informed me last night as I was putting her to bed that she was going to come to my room every day for the next two weeks and wake me up by singing it to me. Which I'm only moderately excited about.

The only bummer about the whole things is that, ever since Sunday, Nolie seems to be throwing herself full-bore into the terrible twos (which are not set to officially begin for a few more months, so she's being a bit of an over-achiever there). Basically, this means that she has not stopped screeching for the past 48 hours.

It's horrible.

Nolie: "Boosh! Peease! Now!"
Me: "Here's your juice. Where does this 'now' stuff come from?"
Nolie: Nooooooooooooooo! No boooooooooooooooooooooosh! (Throws juice cup on floor and collapses in screeching heap.)
Me (stepping over overwrought toddler on floor): "Geez."
Nolie: "Nooooooooooooooo! No geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!"

It's a good thing this is the second child, and so I know that this crap will pass in a few weeks. Otherwise I'd be having a serious freakout.



No comments:

Post a Comment