Saturday, July 14, 2007

Camonicas and Kazoos


In revenge for I don't know what, Eric decided it would be a good idea to leave a harmonica and a kazoo in the car for Addie to play with while we're riding around.  So, for the past few days, there have been long stretches of conversation/performance much like this one:


"Mommy?"


"Yes, Addie?"


"I'm going to sing you a song on my camonica."


"Okay."


"This one's called 'I Love You.'"


"Great."


Much grand tooting on harmonica.


"This next one's called 'I Love You Very Much.'"


"Fantastic."


More atonal tooting.


"This next one's called 'I Love You Indeed.'"


"Hit it."


"It's a really long one."


"Joy."


More tooting.


"Mommy?"


"Yes?"


"I have twenty-seven songs I'm going to sing for you."


"Wowza."


These "songs" are punctuated by Nolie screeching the loudest screeches you have ever heard, either because she's afraid of the "camonica" or is protesting the horribleness of the songs or just wants to participate.  She's still in a rear-facing carseat, so I'm not sure which of these it is.


Then the whole thing is repeated with the kazoo.


Love cartrips. 



2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a "song" Wendy and I and our kooky friends would play whenever driving together. It was called "Hola Hermanas." Someone would grab one of the four harmonicas out of the compartment under the armrest and go, "let's play 'Hola Hermanas." Everyone would then blast atonally away as loud as we could and laugh. And we were in our 20s and 30s. But thanks for the fond memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a little PTSD of your wedding reception, in which, Bill (beloved cousin, nanny brother and ruler of the world) TOOK MY TAMBORINE AWAY. Meany. I'm still bitter. So thank you, for letting Addie go for it on the Carmonica- I LOVE it!~

    ReplyDelete