Monday, July 14, 2008

If You're Not Appalled, You Haven't Been Paying Attention

I received this picture in an email from home when I was in Idaho visiting:




The outrage.

If Eric is going to pull this kind of crap every time I go out of town for a few days, it's OVER!  Look at this!  He lets the girls do fun things like play princess dress up?  They got to go to a birthday party?  He's been reading to them, for heaven's sake!?!

Now they are going to expect to be entertained every five minutes.  They're going to expect me to be involved in their lives.  To have fun.

This must stop.  I'm putting my foot down. 

I. Mean. Business.


Speaking of business, it's true!  Nolie is taking the short route to Pottytown!  She is wearing undies during the day, and going pee-pee on the potty.  (Turdville, unfortunately, is still a few miles away.  We have a long layover in Crap-in-the-Pants first).  She's also sleeping in her big girl bed at night. 

What is that I smell?  The sweet whiff of victory?  Toot, toot, a rooty!  But I mustn't get too excited.  It did, after all, take us nearly nine years to potty-train our first born.  It's possible this train we're on will begin heading in reverse at any time.  But I hope not.  The forward motion is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment