Friday, March 16, 2007

Potty Time!

Potty Time!


Addie has double ear infections again, Nolie has bronchitis, and Eric's got another sinus infection, but who cares?




 


ADDIE IS POTTY TRAINED!


Cue confetti.  Cue big band.  Cue newspaper headlines.


We've had almost one whole week of peeing and pooping in the potty.  She is only wearing a diaper at night, and I'm already giving the last stack of pull-ups the middle finger, nah-nah-nah-nah-nah dance. 


Oh, we've had a few little accidents here and there.  But for the most part?  Golden.  Beautiful, beautiful pee and poop in the potty.  We can leave the house with underwear on.  She isn't having accidents at school.  I put her in her room for her nap in the afternoon--prime pooping time--and she'll rattle the door open a few minutes later because she pooped in her little port-a-potty.  And didn't use it to fingerpaint all over the walls with.  Hallelujah, ring the bells. 


Addie will go on big people toilets, no problem.  But I'm finding using the little port-a-potties to be a good intermediate step.  For example, now that the weather's nicer, one of Addie's favorite things is to sit pants down on the front porch, on the potty, and yell and wave at people walking by.  Awesome.


And how's Nolie, you might ask.  Why don't you ever write about Nolie, you might ask.  Is she being neglected, ignored, shunned?  Nah.  No way.  She's great, and is the source of a lot of joy at the moment.  She is round, round, round, and laughs a lot.  More than anything, she loves other kids.  She wants to be touching Addie, or mouthing her, or pulling her hair at all times.  More than anything, Nolie wants to be up and walking and talking with the rest of us, and if she's ever pissed, it's at the inadequacies of her little baby body, which won't permit her to chase after Addie and slobber on her.



She does have bronchitis, though, and has had it for weeks now, apparently.  I took her to the doctor last month, but they said it was just a cold.  I took her back in today (they know us all by first names there, now) and it's bronchitis.  Why didn't I just take Nolie to the doc when I took Addie in on Monday, and found out she's probably going to need tubes in her ears if she keeps getting ear infections?  I don't know.  Denial, maybe.  Reached my limit, perhaps.  Foul, foul mutating germs.


Hmmm.  Maybe I should stop letting the kids lick the toilets.  Maybe I shouldn't let them play with cat poop anymore.  Maybe I shouldn't take them to eat at the Booger Shaq anymore.  I can just imagine what those doctors are thinking.  Oh, well.  We're just fortifying their immune systems, right?



1 comment:

  1. Bravo on the potty training. Tell Eric to try chewable vitamin C I find they help a great deal with my sinus infection. Give Addy and Nolie both a big hug for us.

    Ma and Pa

    ReplyDelete