Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Boodge

 


Hey!  Guess what?  We found Burley a new home.  I took him to interview a really nice couple in Westminster last night, and Burley seemed to like them (and they, of course, think he's great). 


I was really nervous the whole time.  On the ride over to their house, I gave him the please-don't-pee-on-the-floor-just-because-you're-nervous talk, and the be-as-cute-as-you-can-so-we-don't-have-to-take-you-to-a-shelter talk.  He must have listened, because it went really well.  Burley's new mom really likes him, even though he sheds, and his dad goes on walks or hikes every day and seemed to really be a dog person, which Burley will love.  I emailed his new mom this morning, and she said he did great after I left last night (sobbing).  So, phew.


Here's the weird thing.  I was starting to feel despair that we'd ever find Burley J (The Boodge) a home.  But given my new focus on the positive (and yes, I've been brainwashed by The Secret) I decided to put some good mojo out into the universe, and so I made a donation to a local shelter in honor of The Great Gatsby, our dear friends' dog who passed away a few weeks back.


No kidding, within seconds of hitting the "submit" button on the donation form, I got the first email from Burley's adoptive mom.  Weird, huh?


Our house was awfully quiet last night, and I lay awake in the dark for a long time thinking about Burley, my first dog, my first baby.  But I'm just going to visualize him taking walks with his new friends, and getting lots of love and attention, and enjoying being unmolested by small children grabbing at his fur.  And I'm going to try not to be sad.


We love you, boodge.  We hope you have a good life, dear friend.



3 comments:

  1. Oh crap, I'd just stopped weeping and now THIS...!! (It's okay, i'll recover. :)

    Love you Burley!!! I know you're having a ball with your new family.

    You absolutely did right by your dog.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I think your blog is really good! I have bookmarked it and will visit it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as me being a member here, I wasn't aware that I was a member for any days, actually. When the article was published I received a notification, so that I could participate in the discussion of the post, so perhaps that is it. But we're certainly all intellectuals.

    ReplyDelete