Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lay-offs, Lulus, and Tutus

My sweet, smart husband got laid off from his job this morning.  I felt a heaviness descend on my heart, for sure, and I've had a few moments of sniffles, times where I let the fear and uncertainty get me down.  I particularly get woozy when I think about what a year I've had, with my family members being sick and now this.  But that is not useful thinking, that cumulative thinking, and it's not reality, anyway. 

The reality is here, in this moment, where I have my own health back, thank goodness, and I think I might actually ship this stupid paper I've been working on to an editor, and I'll be leaving shortly to pick up Addie from ballet, and the sight of her in a tutu is a joy to behold.  We have a fridge full of food, our refinance looks like it will go through, and we have money in the bank.  So we're okay.  This is just another change we will have to adjust to.

And, as most of you know, Eric didn't love that work so much, anyway.  Maybe he'd like to be doing something else, anyway.  This may end up being a good thing.

So, our new adventure begins today.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment